Wednesday 20 January 2010

Oatmeal, Cinnamon Chip and Raisin Cookies

For my bridal shower I got lots of tasty recipes from friends to test on my new husband! Kim gave me this cookie recipe and it's delicious! I'm not the best baker, but these are really simple to make and the recipe made a ton of cookies. Wes' work colleagues like me a lot!

Word of warning: if you're not in the US you probably won't be able to get cinnamon chips where you are. Kim gave me two bags of chips to get me started and they are definitely something I'm going to have to bring back with me from now on. I'm sure you could buy them online at one of the many American food sites.




Oatmeal, Cinnamon Chip and Raisin Cookies
1 c softened butter
1 c light brown sugar
1/3 c white granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour (I used cream flour)
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 c quick-cooking oats
1 10oz pkg Hershey's Cinnamon Chips
3/4 c raisins

1. Heat oven to 350F or 160C (fan assisted)
2. Beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
3. Combine flour and baking soda, add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in oats, chips, and raisins.
4. Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.

Makes 4 dozen

1 comment: